In this day and age, integrity has come to mean more than just being honest and/or upright. Especially among companies doing business with overseas partners or companied that are subsidiaries of US or UK principals, business integrity is a key factor in building and keeping the trust of both stakeholders and investors.
ICD introduces a new course that will present a strategic and practical approach to help companies address growing risks to business integrity in light of local and global issues regarding corruption in both the public and private sectors. It will also touch on the need for compliance with American and/or British laws regarding corrupt practices and bribery, as well as the renewed drive against money laundering in the Philippines.
Business Integrity by ICD is a one-day course that will enable companies to comply with the relevant local or international laws and regulations regarding corrupt practices in the corporate sector.
Who Should Attend?
• Philippine companies that handle transactions with American counterparts, especially those with commercial activities that continually provide for compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (US-FCPA) and/or the UK Bribery Act.
• Companies seeking to develop their business integrity programs and initiatives particularly those that have signed the Integrity Initiative.
• US and UK companies doing business in the Philippines either directly or through local counterparts.
By the end of the workshop, participants are expected to have a better understanding of:
• Capability-building through the establishment of effective compliance programs.
• Risk-avoidance measures that can be implemented through transactional and intermediary due diligence.
• Risk-transfer mechanisms that will serve as a practical way of making intermediaries and associates adhere to the relevant compliance practices.