Finance for Directors is a one-day course of Finance and Accounting basics which provides directors and senior executives the ability to quickly interpret and assess a company’s financial condition – a skill that helps drive board decisions.
Financial competence is vital to corporate success. As such, Philippine regulatory agencies (SEC, BSP, PSE, and DOF) have all required financial literacy for board directors of publicly-listed companies and financial institutions.
The Department of Finance in DOF 054-2015 states “Directors must be fit and proper for the position of a director of the covered entity, taking into account the following factors: integrity/probity, competence, relevant education/training (e.g. financial literacy), physical and mental fitness, diligence and knowledge/experience.”
COURSE FEE: PhP 13,600.00 Nett
• Participants may qualify for a 5% Early Bird Payment discount
- Payment must have reached ICD on or before 16 August
• You qualify for a 5% discount if you are referred by a named ICD member
• Group of 3 or more qualifies for 5% discount if booked and paid together
Bills Payment Facility to any Unionbank Branch of the Philippines.
Kindly see class sessions below:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Upon completion of the program, participant will be able to:
• Appreciate the importance of knowing how to read and analyse financial statements
• Ensure that financial statements accurately reflect the organization’s financial position
• Appreciate the importance of maintaining the accuracy and integrity of an organization’s accounts
• Understand board’s role in financial stewardship & oversight, and internal control
• Appreciate board’s perspective within the accounting function