The Corporate Secretary as Corporate Governance Professional program examines the powers, duties, role, and value of Corporate Secretaries in an organization. The course presents the basic principles, importance and benefits of modern corporate governance and reforms to global, regional, and local initiatives.
DATE: August 1 - 2, 2018 (Wednesday
COURSE FEE: PhP 24,000.00 Nett
VENUE: Makati Diamond Residences, Makati
TIME: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Participants may qualify for a 5% Early Bird Payment discount, if payment have reached ICD 2 weeks prior the event
• You qualify for a 5% discount if you are referred by a named ICD member
• Group of 3 or more qualifies for 5% discount if booked and paid together
By the end of the seminar, the participants will be
· Explain the corporate secretary’s role as well as its key activities and qualifications in the corporate governance framework.
· Define and explain the key principles and elements of good corporate governance systems and the skills needed to manage relationships within it.
· Describe the structures of a secretariat and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of having an in-house corporate secretary.
· Explain the part of the corporate secretary in preparing before, during and after a meeting, including answering the most frequently asked questions about being a corporate secretary.
· Identify good practices, processes and procedures for corporate secretaries and the role, skills, and techniques needed to conduct effective board meetings and annual general meeting of shareholders.
· Draft minutes and develop an action log in line with best practices.